Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving countdown begins....NOW!

So I LOVE Christmas....and I mean LOVE Christmas.  Stockings are hung (right now), lights on the house will be hung (on Monday), Christmas list has been made (last week) and we have not yet reached Thanksgiving....don't mind me, I am just a reincarnation of Santie.

However, that being said, I have to give Thanksgiving the credit that it deserves.  I may have confused my Scary Turkey, (refer to last post), when I hung the stockings on Sunday, but I am still taking time each day to think of what I am thankful for.  Thanksgiving gets me ready to move into the Christmas season knowing how blessed I am in SO many ways and that I need to count my blessings.  We give thanks so that we are ready to give...at least that's how I see it.

I have decided that my next posts are going to be what I give thanks for.  So to kick that off, what I am most thankful for today is my husband, Coby.

Coby is basically an extraordinary man! He possesses an inspiring amount of loyalty and an amazing ability to love, (as well as the ability to make a phenom bowl of ice cream whenever I want one :)).  Coby is the hardest worker that I have ever known and leads our family with character.  He is a provider to the core, and he provides for us with massive dedication and minimal complaining.  Coby has always been there for me and since becoming my husband has opened his mind more and more and worked hard at becoming an even better husband.  He has helped me accomplish so many goals just by being the kind of person that he is and inspiring me to be a better person and harder worker, and he supports me in just about anything that I do; unless it involves Oprah or TLC :)  He is down to earth, the real deal and did I mention handsome?!?  :)  In my young 20's, when we met, I foolishly believed that there were so few men like him out there that I would never find one.  God gave me the biggest blessing of my life when we met, and of course, it was April Fool's Day :)  My world is such a better place because of him, and I whole hearted give my thanks to God for giving me Coby.

Below are some of my favorite pictures of Coby...  

 

DSC00902

Coby and his nephew, Canaan

DSC01036

Coby and his parents, Janice and Mike...I and thankful for them for having him :)

IMG_0078 

Coby and his canine best friend, Birdie...those two are completely inseparable.  

My HOT Guinness Man! 

Celebrating St. Patties Day

Faulkner and COby

WIth one of his best friends, Jeff Faulkner, who has become one of my most favorite people!  We have many a fun football Sunday with Faulkner!

Coby's candids082

In Puerto Vallarta

Coby's candids092

And last but not least, our very first picture as a couple.  I was so excited to be with Coby, and had no idea how much he would change my life over the next 5 years!

No comments: