The constant question these days..."So, Molly! How's motherhood treating you?"
I feel like before I answer that question I have to provide people with a long explanation about how much I love being a mother, that I have wanted to be a mother since a tiny girl, and that it is the very best thing it the world because it truly is.
But if you ask how motherhood is treating me, I'll be honest and say that motherhood is being a total BITCH to me.
She has made me ugly most of the time. My eyebrows, unless I have found a pair of tweezers in my car and pluck at stop lights, look like black asps taped to my forehead. I have dark circles around my eyes....in all my years of staying out until 2 AM and getting up for work at 6 AM I never saw a dark circle...but they have appeared now for some reason. My toenails have never been so ugly. I actually went for a pedicure the other day and wore flats that evening that screwed up the polish on my big toes, but because of motherhood I haven't been able to go get them fixed.
Motherhood's BFF, Pregnancy, has left me with inner thighs that closely resemble a Shar Pei. Losing 40 pounds in 2.5 months (with 25 more to lose people!) has left me looking, as a friend so gently put it, like I've been beat with a bag of nickels.
I'm tired and totally disorganized, and the saddest part is that I have a GOOD baby!!!
So what this means is that Motherhood and I have a very dysfunctional relationship. I adore her, but she is a total a-hole to me.
I'll leave you with some pictures of why I love Motherhood though :)
7 comments:
haaa... made me laugh. Very well put! I called them the body blues and I HATE/D them. I am sure you look wonderful though and are just being hard on yourself. :) One thing that Motherhood offers that Pregnancy did not though was a nice, big glass or wine! Drink up! Cheers!
You never fail to crack me up! He is such a cutie though and I'm sure defintiely worth it all. :)
Ohhh how I know what you mean!!! I am in the SAME boat! I have never felt uglier! I swear, I gave any looks I had to my child, it doesn't matter how much makeup I put on, I just disquist myself! haha!
I just saw you were following my blog and wanted to stop by! I'll def have to start following yours aswell! I love knowing I'm not alone in this trip called Motherhood! :)
so funny, molly!
The perfect description! Nice!!! I feel your pain (and joy).
Girl... I couldn't have put it any better if my life depended on it. I can't lose these last 10 pounds for ANYTHING. I am busting booty to get rid of it and it just hangs around (literally).
Hey girl..
I think that you might live in the area and I wanted to invite you to visit my blog. I have created a Play Group and wanted to share the information with you. If you don't live in the are and I have lost my marbles... just ignore :)
Post a Comment