Friday, May 15, 2009

Homeboy's Crib

People, we have an assembled crib in our house.  It is strange to see, exciting, and we tend to just stand there and stare at it like it might do something neat-o in a minute.  Birdie likes to lay down on the floor in that room and watch it...me thinks she thinks it might be a fantastic and new crate for her?!?

I cleaned out the closet in the baby's room yesterday and found the ole wedding dress.  I laid it over the side of the crib for the time being, and as I passed by later in the afternoon I thought about how telling that is.  My wedding dress that still needs to be cleaned is laying on our baby's bed...think we may have fast forwarded life a little bit?  I'll admit it is insane that we were married a year and a half ago and my dress is still dirty and not preserved, but clearly I have been busy!  Ha!

Below is a stock photo of his crib, along with a little swatch sample of some of the fabric that I am using for the little boy's room.  In addition to the stripe there will be a cream linen and a camel/brown for the bumper ties and chording.  The stripe will been the other side of the bumper, and the majority of the skirt will be the stripe but with a band of the cream linen about 3/4 of the way down, and then below that a tiny flange at the bottom in the camel / brown.  TOTALLY different from how I initially wanted his nursery to look like, but hey, not much is turning out as I had thought it would these days so that is just par for the course!  I think his bedding will look nice and simple but sweet for a little boy, and that makes me so happy!

Crib 

Seabreeze stripe

6 comments:

Suzi said...

ooooh love the crib! and the bedding sound adorable too... if it makes you feel any better, my wedding dress is still hanging in our closet, unpreserved, too... and our two year anniversary is on Tuesday! priorities...

kinsey said...

very cute! and fun that it's up. i need to order ours...oops :-)

Sara Blackburn White said...

Molly! I love the crib too!
Cant wait to see the finished room! So excited for you;)
Poor Kate still doesnt have a finished room-lol! I do have it all on order now;) All in time I suppose;)

Melissa said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment! im about to take some time to look around yours!

congrats on the baby and the precious crib!!!

Have a blessed day! said...

Cute bed & fabric pattern. I'm excited for you the crib is up. It can be a daunting task. Before you know it everything will be in place and your little one will be in your arms.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

LOVE that crib! I can't wait to see the finished room!