Friday, February 6, 2009

SICK...amongst other things...oh and sample nursery picture!

I am seriously peeved.  I am on day FIVE of the stomach bug.  I think I may be turning a corner and doing really well, but the last time I said that I ended up with a fever and throwing up all over again.  Have I mentioned that day time TV is HORRID?  Our front guest room, where I currently reside, does not have TIVO which is making me nuts, but it does have two AMAZING windows that look out into our front yard and the big oak tree.  It has been pretty enough outside the last two days to keep that window open and the breeze has been making the days much better.  I also have to admit that for the last three months I have wanted nothing more than to spend a day in bed.  While I would much prefer to have been healthy but in bed, it has been a little bit nice :)

Okay...I will stop complaining now...(except one more thing...a horse fly just flew in my window as I type and that sucker just might do me in if I can't get rid of him.)

Good news is that on Monday, before I realized how sick I was, we went for my 12 week check up and sweet little Baby Russell is doing great.  Coby got to hear the heart beat for the first time and it was really sweet to witness the look on his face when he heard that.  Coby is not a man full of expressions, if you will, and the grin that spread across his face when he heard the heart beat will be in my memory for forever.  Pregnancy alone is an amazing thing, and the bond that keeps getting stronger between Coby and I makes my heart melt.  This is just such a priceless time in our lives and I am loving what we are getting to share with each other.

Unfortunately we did not get an ultrasound as I had expected.  I did not realize that opting out on the testing for Downs Syndrome would mean that I did not get an ultrasound but that's okay.  Coby and I decided that since our ages make us at a lower risk for Downs, we will opt out on the test.  Honestly, the results wouldn't change whether or not we are having Baby Russell and while I do think that time to educate ourselves would be good, I also am realistic about the fact that you can only read so much before you just have to jump in and learn from experiences.  In light of that, we decided that we will wait until Baby Russell decides that he/she is going to make his/her grand entrance into this world to find out what challenges will face us, besides the normal.

SPEAKING of he/she and his/her, the countdown to my 18 week sonogram has begun!  I cannot wait to find out what this baby is!  I am convinced that Baby Russell is a boy, my mom swears a girl but has also admit that may just be wishful thinking, and my sister and mother-in-law think it is a boy.  My friend Suzi who knew she was having a girl despite her first sex sonogram telling her it was a boy and then later retracting and saying it actually IS a girl thinks I am carrying a boy as well.  Let the speculating begin!  I am so excited!

Below is a picture of the nursery that I literally picked three days after finding out that Baby Russell is on the way.  I like the fact that it is fairly unisex and just a few boy or girl things could make this lean one way or the other!  I also can re-do a lot of existing things we have to make this nursery happen which is really key to the old budget-friendly-as-possible pregnancy plan that Coby and I have in the works right now! 

1591

I hope that you guys are all having a wonderful week!  Please pray for me to get better soon!

 

Lots of love,

Molly

 

PS...next post will have a lovely surprise and new "look" for the Russell Family Blog!  Can't wait!

1 comment:

Sara Blackburn White said...

Molly! Josh said Jack had the best time with you all at dinner! Glad you are back to feeling well. I LOVE the nusery pic- gorgeous!!
Im contiplating a chandelier this go round...but love the feel and simpleness of that pic. So clean and fresh;) Love reading your blog! xoxo- S