Celebrating mothers day 2010
playing in your baby pool
snuggling at the lake. you like to press your face up against my cheek a lot!

I wish I could freeze time when I look at this picture of you!
9 months, big boy!
Here's the stats from your 9 month check up...
20 pounds and 29 3/4 inches long! You are about 95th percentile on height and 50th percentile on weight! Sweet skinny boy! It is because you are by far the most active 9 month old I have ever seen.
Speaking of active, you have begun to walk while holding on the things like the coffee table or couch. You are into EVERYTHING, mister, and mommy lays her head down on her pillow exhausted every night! You are opening drawers, cabinets, cleaning off my shoe shelf, cleaning out my underwear drawer, emptying your book shelf, emptying your hamper, dumping the dog water bowl and climbing me like I'm a jungle gym on a daily basis. It is crazy around here but the activity is so fun and watching you develop is amazing.
We are starting to feed you table food and so far you are being pretty picky! I think the texture is getting to you but you are working hard at it and I am very proud of you! You lOVE cheerios, still don't like bananas too much, and are trying all different things. Work in progress!
Tons of squeals, giggles and babbling lately. You are working hard on learning how to use that voice of yours.
You like to shake your head no a lot when you can tell that Mommy or Daddy are not pleased with something that you are doing, and unfortunately it makes us laugh!
We have lots going on this week...Mommy's 30th birthday is this week and your Aunt Rachel and Aunt Anna are coming in town! woo hoo! Anyhow I can't stop thinking about how I always wanted to be married and have at least one baby by my 30th birthday, and here I am and my life is close to perfect. You are a big part of the joy that makes it easy to turn 30 and look forward to what life has in store for me. I made that goal not knowing how precious having you would be. I was just young and excited about growing up, and now I am older and still excited about growing up.
I hope you read this one day and realize that truly finding the joy in life and looking forward to the road ahead is so important. Set your goals so that you can smile on your accomplishments. Even if things don't work out as planned, you can learn from the situation. Find good and live your life with joy, little boy! Your Dad doesn't spend much time sweating the small stuff or thinking negatively, and it has made him able to see good and smile a lot.
I love you and am so proud of how you are growing and becoming so aware of everything around you. The smile on your face is priceless.
We love you,
Mommy and Daddy
1 comment:
Aww, he is growing SO fast!! He is absolutely precious...what a great family picture! :)
Post a Comment