I just finished posting about how you are 6 months old today, and that post seems so insufficient. William, you are everything that I have dreamed of, which means that I have a few more things to say to you as you turn 6 months old just a few days before we baptize you.
Your dad and I understand that you were a gift to us from God, and that my pregnancy was simply a miracle and it is such a privilege to be your parents. Each day that you get older I am sad for the day before because I wish that I could make time stand still, but I also dream of the good man that you will one day be and I enjoy thinking about watching you do whatever it is that you love to do best.
I never before realized how much the words to “Jesus Loves Me” would one day mean to me, and I can’t wait until the day that you understand those words. Nowhere else will you find the grace and compassion that you will need to walk this earth.
At our wedding I had Mo read “I Carry Your Heart With Me” by E.E. Cummings and while that poem seemed romantic, I was also aware at the time that your Dad and I would one day, God-willing, make a family and that we would carry each other’s hearts.
Sweet William, I carry your heart with me and I will until the end of my days. Thank you for the light that you bring to my life. I thank God for you.
Love,
Mommy
4 comments:
What a beautiful letter for a beautiful boy!!!
So sweet Molly! and we love him too!
I love this letter. What a great mommy you are to sweet william!
Oh this is SO sweet...
Post a Comment