Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 25 Besties...

We have hit the 25 week mark today and I am so excited about this!  Baby is starting to take up a lot of room in my belly, kicks me constantly and usually in the bladder which is really great, and I am looking forward to getting closer to the end of the pregnancy!  I truly do enjoy being pregnant 90% of the time and feel privileged, but there is that 10% of the time where I would certainly like for it to be over!

 

1)  Ginger Ale.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING gets rid of my heart burn and indigestion like Ginger Ale.  It sort of seems as though anything and everything, including water, can cause the heart burn though.  Thank GOD for my sister Anna that had heard Ginger Ale might work.  I have tried every remedy imaginable, including trying to sleep sitting up, and Ginger Ale is the only thing that works.  I had a feeling before I became pregnant that I would probably have an issue with heartburn while pregnant because I have such bad issues with it when not carrying a baby, and from the get-go it was BAD.  The bright side is that my regular, non-pregnant heartburn will seem like a breeze now :)

2)  Peanut Butter.  A pre-preggo fave that has stayed with me.  I discovered the fresh-ground peanut butter at Whole Foods and LOVE it.

3)  Fruit.  Strawberries, bananas, oranges, apples and raspberries.  I have discovered that I totally heart fruit in the biggest way!  Something cold and sweet that is just oh so delicious!

4)  Skinny Cow Fudge Pops.  Be still my heart.


There are more, but I can't think of them right now.  I am just happy that cheese burgers aren't on the list anymore.  That was getting a little out of hand...

2 comments:

kinsey said...

interesting about the ginger ale...i'm going to have to try that!

Suzi said...

Oh I hate to be the bearer of bad news but be careful with the peanut butter!! There's research that shows eating lots of peanut butter during pregnancy and breastfeedo g can cause peanut allergies in your little peanut!